Thursday, September 16, 2010

I've Been Doing A Lot Of Talking...

This post is going to be a little bit different than my usual posts, but it's just what's on my mind today! I believe that this topic is strongly related to being a wife and a mommy because doing this thing helps strengthen me and make me a better wife, mommy, and person! If you are reading along and think to yourself, "Oh, I really don't agree with this." well, that's ok...you don't have to keep reading! Just come back some other day and I'll have a new post up :)


This post is about how important prayer is in my life, especially recently. I can honestly say that EVERY time I have really been struggling with something in my life and I have sent out a little prayer to God, He has answered me. He always, ALWAYS gives me what I need. It's really amazing. Whenever I have been in emotional pain, just feeling like I couldn't take the pain anymore I would just say, "God, please...I really need help right now." And every time, I have felt a wonderful calm come over me and I would feel warmth and love and I would feel better. Of course, the prayer wouldn't instantly solve my problem or make the pain go away permanently, but it would help me in that moment to not hurt so much. God would comfort me and give me the strength to keep holding on for a little bit longer. I have so many examples of times when I needed help and my prayers were answered! Whenever I feel lost and feel like I just don't know what to do...I ask God for help, and He comes through for me.

I remember a lot of times I would want to talk to God (aka Pray!), but I didn't really know what to say. It felt awkward talking out loud "to myself". I have started many prayers like, "Um...hey there God...so..uh....yeah. Um...can you help me?" lol. Sometimes it does feel a little strange or even nerve wracking like, am I doing this right?

I found that as I built my relationship with God over time, it became easier to talk to Him. Think of it as making a new friend. At first, you don't know the person very well, so striking up a conversation can be a little awkward. You don't know if the person will be friendly or reject you, or ignore you! But once you start building a friendship with the person, each conversation gets easier and easier.

I don't really know where I'm going with this, but recently I have been doing a lot of praying. Lately, I have felt like I was walking around in the woods at night. I don't know where I am nor where I'm going, I'm just stumbling around and falling down A LOT. I have been asking God to give me guidance, to show me what path to take, and to "turn on the lights" for me so I can see where I'm going!

The thing is, I was asking God for guidance, but then I wasn't really listening to what He was telling me. I was still trying to find the path on my own... while still in the darkness. Um...not a good idea Michelle! lol. I think I have finally been able to "let go" and listen to what He has been trying to tell me all along, even though it was something I didn't really want to hear at first. Sorry this all seems sort of cryptic, but I don't want to say anything specific yet, but I'm really hoping that I got the right message this time.

I'll keep you all posted!

xoxo,
Michelle

2 comments:

  1. I love this post. I can totally relate to it, and you know the struggles I've been having/or have had in the past... and even the struggles with religion. I'm glad to see positive stories from people. I've also been trying to get more comfortable with praying, ,but like you said... it seems a tad awkward. I usually do ok with new people, but.. this is different. I'm not comfortable enough with speaking out loud, so for now, I keep it in. but I giggled when you talked about how to start praying... because I've talked to Craig about this before, and he was like "just make it a normal conversation, like "hey God, you made the grass really green today, how are ya?" haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your post Michelle. I know that God is always there for us. He has given me the strength to get through so many things, some of which I wasn't sure if I would make it. He is always there for us. I am so glad you have him in your heart & that you know he is there for you.

    ReplyDelete