Sunday, September 25, 2011

Lasers! Sparkles! Action! Adventure!

Good morning smiley face! I feel so blessed that I get to wake up to this smiling little face every morning! Konnor sleeps in his own crib now, but he usually wakes up around 6am wanting to come cuddle in bed with me and Steve. The good part about that is, he will usually fall back asleep until 9am! Yay! Three extra hours of sleep and cuddling!
Even though I look awful, I couldn't pass up posting this adorable Konnor face!
 In other news...I did something awesome yesterday. My mom bought me this cookbook that she also owns, called Make-A-Mix Cookery and it's amazing! It has recipes to make your own "mixes" that can be stored dry or frozen in order to save time, money, and sanity. Steve and I had a lot of rice lying around so I made three jars of "Chicken Rice Mix", three jars of "Mexican Rice Mix", and a jar of "Chili Mix". Now if I want to make the rice I just put one jar of the mix and 2 cup of water and some butter in a pot, boil for a while, and TA-DA! Chicken rice.
Plus the jars just look so pretty!
 The book has so many different kinds of mixes like a "master quick mix" that can be used to make about 40 different things (recipes for those things are included in the book!) basic cookie mixes, meat sauce mixes, hot chocolate mixes, etc. Also, have you ever seen those "Gift Jars" that have layers of ingredients for cookies or some other yummy treat, with a pretty label on it and baking directions? This book has the labels pre-made for you and teaches you how to make those jars! How cool is that?! (Yeah, I am really excited about this book if you can't tell!)
Thanks Mom!

Ok, less about food, more about who you actually came here to see! Today, Konnor reached a new milestone! HE PUT HIMSELF DOWN FOR A NAP! Steve put a pillow inside Konnor's "fort" because I mentioned how nice it would be if Konnor would just crawl in there and fall asleep and look what happened:
Magic.
 He crawled into his fort, played around for a little while, then fell asleep! It was amazing!

Until next time,
Michelle
p.s. The title of this blog is pretty much meaningless, I just couldn't think of a title so I wrote a bunch of exciting sounding words :D

1 comment:

  1. When you were pregnant I told you that having a child was the best thing ever, now you know what I meant. There is nothing better than a child's smiling face. :) I'm glad you like the cookbook. Seeing all those mixes makes me want to make some since I have some empty jars I have been trying to decide what to put in them. Konnor putting himself down for a nap is one for the record books because I don't think you or sister ever did that. I definitely know you didn't. lol Thanks for the blogs, they make my day. Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete