Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas Time 2011!!

Finally, nine days later, here is the 2011 Christmas blog! First we will begin this Christmas story with Christmas Eve... we made a cheese, summer sausage, and crackers platter for dinner and also made this drink that I can't spell, but it's pronounced "Glue-Vine". It's made of apple and cherry juice and some spices (tasted like cinnamon and cloves) and you warm it up and add red wine to it. It was delicious!!!
Steve carefully making the cheese and sausage plate for our traditional Christmas Eve dinner!
We ate and drank and all watched Frosty the Snowman, Frosty Returns (terrible movie btw!), and A Wonderful Life...then we put out milk and cookies for Santa...and headed to bed!
 Konnor Clause rocking on his horse to pass the time until Santa comes!
We woke up Christmas morning and started with our stockings, well everyone except my mom and Jim got stockings! Then we moved on to the presents! Whoever is the "present-passer-outer" gives a gift to each person and then we open them one by one starting with the youngest person.
Here's Konnor (with the traditional bow on his head) opening his Little People Safari Truck from Uncle Jesse! He loved it if you can't tell from his face! Hahaha...
Konnor, relaxing in his new Cars chair while wearing his new Woody slippers from Grandma and Grandpa!
After we opened presents and went to church, we all met at Ciera's house to open more presents and did the big gift exchange. There was about 20 people all in one living room ripping open presents at the same time! It was crazy!
But first...
We have Konnor, Cali, and Brooke all waiting patiently for present opening time! Konnor loves baby Cali and kept trying to give her hugs and kisses (or pat her gently on the head hahaha).
Here I am holding the newest family member, Jazzlyn (no, I did not have a secret pregnancy, this is Jim's youngest daughter Justeen's new little girl). She is so precious and I think only 3 or 4 days old in this picture!

By now you are probably wondering what was all wrapped in that pretty wrapping paper... well here it is:
A Psych coffee mug that looks like a disposable cup, 3 Urban Decay 24/7 liquid liners, and an amazing new makeup bag (all from Steve!).
 A beautiful elephant charm necklace from Steve...
Ta-Da! My Psych collection is complete! Mwahahaha! Yep, my mom and Jim bought me the 5th season on DVD!
Steve and I got a Bunn coffee maker (only the best coffee makers EVER!) from my mom and Jim too and Jesse bought me the newest Dance Dance Revolution game!
Konnor got super spoiled! Most of his new toys you can see in this picture (some of them are old toys) and he also got movies, pajamas, clothes, and more!

This whole blog is pretty much about Christmas presents, but I can't write a Christmas blog without recognizing the real "reason for the season" and the whole reason for giving gifts! I believe that we give gifts to people we love to symbolize the greatest gift that was given to us by God, his son Jesus Christ. No matter how great I think my gifts are or gifts other people got or even gifts I got for people, the greatest gift we have ever received is Jesus and that's why I believe we celebrate Christmas! This Christmas was amazing and I'm so happy I got to celebrate it with my family (even Katarra via Skype!) and my new family too!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas (or whichever holiday you celebrate)!

-Michelle

6 comments:

  1. I love the elephant necklace!! :O:O:O
    I'm so glad you had a great Christmas!!

    Craig's sister Kait also made that same drink for us! it was AMAZING!!! :D
    <3<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet she bought the drink at IKEA! Haha, that's where we got ours at anyway...We need to chat so I can find out how your Christmas was!

      Delete
  2. I am glad that you loved all your presents! :D Thank YOU for all the awesome presents that you gave to all of us. Gluhwein (i had to look up the spelling , so don't feel bad :D) should become a weekly tradition :D -Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a nice Christmas even though I wish Katarra, Stephanie & Maleigha could have been here too. I agree with Steve that the Gluhwein should be a weekly tradition, maybe a weekend tradition. :) I didn't have to look up the spelling, but maybe that is because I got it off of Steve's post. lol Michelle, I agree with you that the real reason for Christmas is to celebrate Jesus's birth & to be thankful for everything God has given us & continues to give us in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY! Blaine and I got a Bunn Coffeemaker too! He had been asking for one forever, dropping hints to his parents for like 8 months. HAHAHA too funny! Looks like things are going well. Hope the weather in Kansas is less severe than Pennsylvania! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it the best coffee maker ever?! Growing up my dad always said, "It's Bunn or NONE!" hahaha...So I always wanted one, but couldn't afford it so we'd end up with a Mr. Coffee or something that would break! Things are going pretty good here, the weather has been beautiful (in the 50's & 60's) except the last couple of days has been cold! Hope things are going good with you too!

      Delete