Tuesday, January 15, 2013

More Coffee Please!!!

YES! MORE COFFEE PLEASE! Due to breast feeding, I don't get to hook myself up to a caffeine IV like I want to, but I do get about one cup of the good stuff per day! My mom bought me this coffee mug a few years ago and it is perfect for how I'm feeling today...
More...
Coffee...
Please!
Steve made me this cup of coffee before he left for work today while I was passed out in bed with Natalie and let me tell you it is like a cup of coffee straight from God's coffee pot! Haha, it's delicious! It's like drinking a cup of LOVE! Anyone who knows me, knows that I like my coffee to taste like I am drinking a doughnut. I don't even like coffee, I like cream, sugar, and caffeine! This tastes awesome and is exactly what I needed after getting exactly 0.0 hours of sleep last night! I nurse the baby in bed at night and she fell asleep in the crook of my arm (controversial, I know). I kept waking up every 5 seconds to check on her and make sure she was breathing. I should have just gotten my lazy butt up out of bed and put her in her crib (two feet from our bed) and turned on the Angel Care monitor, but instead I would see/hear her breathing and zonk right back out for another 5 seconds before I was awake again checking on her breathing. Crazy me!

So other than me being sleep deprived, not a whole lot has been going on since my last post. Either I'm going to update every other day with pointless, random crapola or I'm going to update like, once a month when something actually interesting happens in our lives! Anyway, here's what we did last night...

I have my amazing leopard print purse (designed by Kandee Johnson!) and I have my zebra print diaper bag (animal print obsessed? Me?! Never!) so I decided to clean out both of them and stock the diaper bag to keep in the car and only have a few baby/toddler things in my purse. I was GOING to make another "What's in my purse/diaper bag?" posts like I did shortly after Konnor was born (here), BUT then I realized that I'm exhausted, so I didn't take enough pictures for that! Here is the contents of my purse though! We have lots of napkins, pens, mascara, carmex, lotion, deodorant, antibacterial wipes, a first aid kit, more lotion, more lip balm, a wet bag, and a bunch of other random things. I have a very exciting purse.
One of the things hiding in my purse was Konnor's camo sunglasses. Gosh, he's so adorable :)
Here is le kiddo #2 sleeping peacefully on my lap as I type this blog. See, people with more than one kid that have all girls or all boys can say "my girls" or "my boys" when talking about their kids as a collective, but I can't do that so I decided to go with le kiddos. I only took one year of French about 9 years ago so I don't know if that's supposed to be les kiddos or le kiddos, but I'm using the word "kiddos" so I'm positive it doesn't matter! Haha!
I actually did my make up yesterday (attempting to feel more human and less zombie-mom) so I thought it was a good time to get a picture of myself with 2/3 of my favorite humans EVER!
Precious little kisses from my precious little man! Aside from that, look at my hair! That sudden change from dark to light is not some shadow business, that is my hair! Haha, I didn't do one thing to my hair the whole time I was pregnant so the "dark" part is my natural color. It's ashy light brown/auburn with copper pieces all around my forehead and ears. I honestly didn't even know what my natural hair color was until now! I decided that I actually like it, but I'm not sure what to do about the blonde bits at the end because I don't want to chop off 3-4 inches of hair in order to rid myself of them. Yeah, my life is so hard.

Ok, until the next random, slightly boring post...

-Michelle




1 comment: