Thursday, March 14, 2013

The "Kansas Children's Museum"

During Steve's vacation from work, well, the last 3 days of it when he wasn't in debilitating pain, we tried to cram in as many activities as we could! One thing we did was take Konnor to the Kansas Children's Museum. It sounds a lot fancier than it is. I don't even think it's a museum, it's more of a play area than anything else. Don't get me wrong, it's an awesome place, but a museum it is not, in my opinion. It's an old movie theater at the mall that has been converted into a huge play area for kids.


The whole place is divided into "stations", including a music station, fire trucks, trains, dress up, crafts, puppets, and more!



I think Konnor liked playing in the kitchen/house the best. He set the table, made food, put all the dishes in the washing machine...lol!


Feeding a hamburger to the Grinch!

Konnor paying for his purchases in the "store".

Here is Konnor checking out the train tables while Natalie and I look at a little card board play house in the back.




Natalie was having fun cuddling with me...





The Doctor's office...

Digging for dinosaurs!

Konnor and Steve both holding babies! I uploaded these pictures from my iPod so they got all out of order and I don't have the energy to rearrange them right now.
That was our day at the "museum". I think it's a really neat little place for kids to play and learn and I'm sure we will be going back soon!

-Michelle
(It was such a struggle to write this post...mostly because of technological reasons! I apologize and will never try to post from my iPod again!)

3 comments:

  1. Cute! I'll have to take Jane there sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww what a cool place! I think I'd have fun there too! lol

    ReplyDelete