Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Artsy Craftsy Part One: Glitter Clothespin Hanging "Collage"

This is the beginning of my "crafting series". If you don't already know, I'm obsessed with Pinterest. I used to be creative when I was a kid, but I think old age just robbed me of every creative bone I had in my body! Now I need Pinterest to get the creative wheels spinning. Well, except on this first project. I came up with this one all on my own! I wanted to have a collage of Steve and I on the wall in our bedroom, but I didn't want to buy a bunch of frames (cheap) and I didn't want to just tape pictures to the wall like my 14 year old self did. So I came up with a pretty simple plan. First, I went to Hobby Lobby and bought some clothes pins, mod podge, and gold glitter, and black string (I already had the black paint). Then I did this:
I love glitter. Then I found one picture from each year Steve and I have been together (not counting 2013), made them black and white, and printed them off. Steve hung the string for me and I hung up the pictures in order.
And that was it! I want to add some more to it, like a romantic quote above the pictures on the wall, but that's a craft for another day. It takes me SOOOO long to complete a project that would take someone else one day. I can only do about one step of the project once every couple of days because the kiddos don't let me do one thing for very long. Including this blog post! I'm writing as fast as I can while Konnor eats a snack and watches The Cat in the Hat and Natalie is napping.

That's all for now!

-Michelle

2 comments: