Wednesday, November 27, 2013

What I've been up to lately...

I've been absent from here for too long so I'll clue you all in to what I've been up to lately...

Waking up at 5am because Natalie is crying for me to nurse her. 
Falling back to sleep and waking up at 7:30 to a smiling, giggling little girl sticking her fingers up my nose or giving my cheek a hickey.
5 minutes later, seeing my other little smiling face say, "Mom, the sun came back!"
Hearing Steve groan and moan as the kids jump all over him.
Making breakfast (eggs and bacon are the best!) and drinking bullet-proof coffee (which I'll explain in another post) that Steve makes for me most mornings.
Hearing, "Mom, I need to watch a show." 100 times in 5 minutes and saying, "No, stop asking!" 100 times as well. 
Feeding and watering 4 very excited and (mostly) lovable dogs. 
Next is errands, or cleaning, or playing!
Examples: 
*Konnor hands me a purple hot wheels car* "Here mom, you be this one." 
*3 minutes later*
Natalie walks over to me and hugs my legs, she smells like poop so I have to postpone the hot wheels hide-and-seek game I'm playing with Konnor. 
"You gotta be kiddin' me mom!" 
"I have to change Nattie's butt, then I can play again!"
11 o'clock rolls around and Konnor starts screaming "Peg + Cat is on!" over and over while jumping on the couch. Also, he says, "I NEED ________!" (Insert: water, a snack, candy, to go pee, milk, cheese and turkey, to be nice to the dogs, to do that, to watch a moovie my craaazy mom.) about a thousand times.
All the while Natalie, who has become extremely clingy in recent weeks, is one of two extremes: either completely content playing alone in her room, or glued to your leg, screaming like a banshee until you pick her up. I don't think there's anything I can't do with a baby on my hip!
Trying to have an adult conversation for longer than 30 seconds without being interrupted or a crisis occurring. 
Lots of hugs and "I love you"s going around. Also, lots of "Do not hit your sister!" And "We don't eat paper!"
We make lunch, eat, Steve gives out kisses, and leaves for work. 
We play and learn and clean and make snacks and get 100 glasses of milk.
I wipe noses and butts and floors and tables and crayon off the walls. I herd the animals in and out of the house a thousand times. 
Then it is suddenly (or finally) 6:30, aka clean up time! We sing songs (clean up, pick up, put away...clean up, everyday!) and try to make a game of it, but sometimes it's just me doing 75% of the work and saying "It's clean up time! Clean up NOW!" over and over.
Then it's 7 o'clock and it's Konnor's movie time and Natalie's bedtime. After she's asleep and Konnor's movie is over, it's teeth brushing time and Konnor's bedtime. We say prayers and cuddle. Usually by 9:30, it's MICHELLE'S GROWN UP TIME! aka cleaning, frantically searching online for all the things I'd wanted to research during the day, but couldn't, watching something on Netflix that isn't a cartoon, or just going to the bathroom by myself with the door closed! Also, eating a piece of candy without having to hide in the closet while doing so.
Then Steve comes home and we tell each other all about our day. Usually Steve has really funny (or scary or sad) stories to tell and all I can say is, "I can't remember one thing that happened today!" And then it's bedtime for us.

Now that you're up to speed, welcome back! Hopefully I can start blogging again because I am bursting with things to write about, if I can find the time somewhere between singing that last lullabye and pouring myself into bed at midnight to do so!!

-Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment